If you are British you are most likely in a state of shock of how glorious this summer weather has been so far! Honestly there has never been a year were we have had constantly hot sunshine beaming down on our country; what a time to live in the UK!
Considering how warm it has been (and is still set to be), we all need cold and revitilising refreshments to keep ourselves well hydrated and nourished. Since I haven’t turned to my creative side in the kitchen for a while, it was the ideal opportunity to get busy making some delciously healthy smoothies to enjoy throughout the rest of the season.
The first one I am sharing with you is a creamy Apple & Blueberry Smoothie which has a nice smooth texture to it combined with a slighty tangy but sweet flavour.
Makes 2 servings
- One Green Apple
- 120g frozen blueberries
- 100g Alpro yoghurt*
- 100ml plant-based milk*
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp baobab (optional)
- Begin by peeling the skin off the apple before cutting up into segments
- Add the segments to a food processor/blender along with all the other ingredients. Be sure to put the solid ones in first before finally adding the liquid and powdered ingredients.
- Blend together for a minimum of 10 secs depending on your processor speed – mine is a Nutribullet which is super fast when it comes to making smoothies.
- Now simply pour the mixture into your drinking containers and enjoy!
*You are more than welcome to choose dairy options instead of plant-based alternatives. It is just my personal preference to use these types of ingredients.
Sure hope that you like this recipe as much as I do. Let me know if you try it out and tag me in any photographs on social media using #thegrowingbutterfly
Stay tuned for a couple more of related summer recipes to come very soon!