Although I have made a recipe for pancakes before, though it was back in the day when I was obsessed with the idea that consuming lots of protein is everything. So protein was a MUST with every meal and maybe even snack! However, as they say with age comes knowledge and wisdom (thank goodness!), as reducing the amount protein consumption has been a positive step in the right direction.
So with this in mind, the latest addition to the butterfly breakfast table is a new recipe for beautifully fluffy pancakes! They are made with natural ingredients that are good for your health and for the food industry.
This is the basic formulation of making a batch of these glorious pancakes. But you can add other ingredients to create alternatives such as blueberries, cocoa powder, chocolate chips or spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 50g rice flour
- 20g coconut sugar or sweetener
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 2 tsp plant milk*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
*soya, almond or coconut milk are all ideal
- Put all the main ingredients in a blender or food processor and then simply turn it on for around 30 seconds until the mixture is combined and now a thick creamy texture.
- Next, step up a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a little coconut oil
- Move the pan around so that it is covered in the oil before spooning on some of the mixture to create a circular shape that is to the size you prefer.
- Cook on each side for around 1 minute, until they are a gorgeous golden colour (or if using chocolate protein a rich shade of brown) if they need longer turn the heat down and flip continuously until they are cooked.
- Repeat the last three steps until all the mixture is used up
- Serve immediately with all the toppings you desire!
Hope that you enjoy a blissful morning tucking into a fresh homemade batch of pancakes covered in your favourite toppings to get your day off a delicious start. As you can see there is no limit to the amount of nut butter you can pour over them!
If you do try this or another recipe on here, please share the final results with us on Instagram or social media using the hashtag #thegrowingbutterfly