There is no denying it, I am a sucker for a chocolate chip cookie. What is not to love about them? They combine together my love for biscuits and my obsession over chocolate, all in one recipe!
I have been trying to create my own version of this beloved cookie for so long now, that it has been really hard for me to deal with (patience is not my thing with this sort of stuff!). But finally after months of trialling out recipes, I do believe that I have cracked it…for now at least haha
So here you have it, my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, that is gluten free and such healthier for you than shop brought ones – plus they tastes unbelievable when fresh out of the oven!
Makes 12 gooey cookies
- 120g Cornflour
- 25g sukrin gold / brown sugar with stevia
- 60g maple syrup
- 60g unsalted butter (melted)
- 50ml almond milk
- 25g chocolate chips*
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pre heat your oven to Gas Mark 4 or 160 degrees, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper ready for your cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, sift your flour, xantham gum and bicarbonate soda, until they are throughly mixed in.
- Next sift in your sugar, breaking up any lumps with your hands.
- Now in a small bowl, add together melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring slowly until all of the mixture is combined together.
- Add in almond milk to make the mixture a little smoother in consistency.
- Finally add in your chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly spread through.
- Take a tablespoon, and use that as your guide to place 12 even spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them and turning them around at half way.
- Remove from the oven once a golden brown on top, and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Lastly, move them to a cooling rack, or if you are like me eat them straight away!
*you can use any tip of chocolate you prefer for this recipe, but I adore dark chocolate as it gives these cookies such a rich flavour.
Honestly, you will not be able to resist these beauties for long, they definitely didn’t last the whole weekend in my house! If you give this recipe a go, please make sure you tag me in any posts you make using the hashtag #GrowingButterfly so that I can see you divine creations.