Nothing quite completes this summer season without a juicy burger cooked fresh on a BBQ. Though the weather may not be in our favour, you don’t have to miss out on the tastes of new and wonderful things. This Thai Turkey Burger recipe is such a simple way to keep yourself eating the right food choices without ever compromising on the flavour!
With the combination of herbs and spices, along with the zest of lime you will have a tantalising meal for you, our family and friends. Honestly don’t panic about making your own burgers, this is really easy to do and can be frozen (uncooked) to enjoy another day.
Makes 4 burgers
- 400g minced turkey breast
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- handful of fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- Begin by putting mince into a large bowl then crack in the egg and gently mix together.
- Now add in garlic, paprika, salt & pepper
- Chop up coriander and stir in gently along with lime juice
- Separate mixture into four and mould into a burger shape.
- Turn on a medium hob and place a frying pan on top with some of the coconut oil (each burger should have at least 1/4 tsp oil)
- Once oil has melted, add one burger to the pan at a time
- Cook on both sides for 1-2 minutes at a time, flipping it over for an even cook
- Serve how ever you choose!*
*You could have it in a bun as shown, or you could make some homemade sweet potato or parsnip chips (recipe coming soon!). You could even just have this as a simple snack, as it is a great way to get in protein.
Hope this is keeps your summer fresh and delicious, as you can still enjoy the delights of the BBQ without the need to compromise on your healthy lifestyle!
If you use this recipe, please make sure that you let me know, what you think using the hashtag #growingbutterfly on social media or leave a comment below.