This is one of my favourite dips to enjoy. I have it on its own with vegetable sticks or in a scrumptious creamy salad wrap, but there are so many different ways to have your fill of my homemade classic houmous!
It is rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, calcium, magnesium, and iron which are all good for your bone health, as well as being a wonderful plant-based protein source, so perfect for vegetarians or vegans.
- 1 can of drained chickpeas (190g)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp chickpea water
- black pepper & pink salt
- Start by draining chickpeas, try to save as much of the liquid as you pour the chickpeas into a sieve – leave to one side.
- Now add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth creamy texture.
- It is that simple! Serve with your favourite crackers, rice cakes or even add to a wholemeal wrap.
Add this healthy dip to your BBQ or party table over the summer, and see how surprised your guests will be when they find out you were the one that made it!
Remember if you give this recipe a go, please tag me in your creations and use the hashtag #thegrowingbutterfly so that I can see it, as I always love seeing you make my recipes.