Wake up to a breakfast that takes you across the waters to the beautiful country of France, where you tuck into a ‘too good to be healthy’ meal, with this quick and simple recipe for delicious French Toast.
Whether you like to serve it still warm from the pan or cool and crisp with a refreshing compote, you will not be disappointed with this breakfast dish.
- Two slices of bread
- 1 whole egg
- 50ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl that is big enough to fit both slices of bread in at the same time.
- Now place the slices of bread into the mixer with on side facing the bottom and leave to soak the mixture for around 30 seconds.
- Turn over the bread and leave for another 30 seconds.
- Whilst waiting turn on a large pan, add in coconut oil and swirl around so the base is covered evenly
- Now carefully place both slices of bread onto the pan and turn down to a low/medium temperature and cook for 1 minute
- Turn each slice over and cook for a further minute, pour on any remaining mixture onto this side as it will have soaked up less than the other side.
- Once golden brown on both sides, remove from heat and serve straight away
Another great way to enjoy this recipe is to add in 5g cocoa powder, or 10g of an alternative flour such as coconut flour to give it a different twist! Be sure to add in a little extra liquid to keep a good consistency of mixture.