The one meal that I will always look forward to no matter what is breakfast. There is never a morning where I go without it, yet there are many people who find it difficult to get in a nutritious breakfast.
As the most important meal of the day, we all need a to eat in the morning, to set us up for the rest of the day. It provides us with there energy we desperately after a good nights sleep, breaking the fast!
So to help those of you who struggle to have enough time to make breakfast, I have created a breakfast muffin recipe. They are high in protein and healthy fats to fuel you up for the start of your busy day and boost your metabolism up!
Makes 12 muffins
- 9 eggs
- 6 bacon medallions*
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 20g feta cheese
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tsp garlic
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 177C
- Grill bacon medallions on a medium/high heat until cooked on both sides for around 10-15 minutes
- Whilst waiting for the bacon, whisk together all of your eggs in a large bowl
- Chop up mushrooms, feta and spinach ready to be added to other ingredients
- Once bacon is cooked, allow to cool a little before chopping up into small pieces and placing in the egg mixture
- Now add in all remaining ingredients, combining together gently
- Prepare a muffin tray with melted coconut oil, coating all of the sides
- Evenly pour mixture into muffin molds then cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they are a soft spongy texture and golden on top.
- Serve straight away, refrigerate for 2 days, or freeze them for a month!
*I have tried these with chorizo sausage and paprika for a different spicy twist! Feel free to swap for your favourite meaty filling and let me know what you think.
If you do give these a go, please tag me in your posts on social media using #thegrowingbutterfly
Keep your eggs sunny side up!