These were inspired by so many wonderful creations that are all over Pinterest – I am rather addicted to discovering new and egg-citing bakes lately (see what I did there!)
Super simple and quick to make, my Coconut Easter Nests are an egg-cellent way to enjoy a delicious treat but still keeping yourself on track throughout the easter period. They are a high protein source and made with a good fat source that is coconut, with some cheeky little mini eggs because you can’t have no eggs in the nest!
Makes 14 mini nests
- 40g Coconut Flour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp Sukrin gold or natural sweetener
- 3/4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 42 mini eggs
- coconut oil for baking tray
- Pre-heat an oven to Gas Mark 3 160C
- In a saucepan, add coconut, protein powder, egg whites, sweetener and vanilla, stirring continuously over a low-medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Next use the coconut oil to prepare the fairy cake baking tray (or use non-stick)
- Using a tablespoon to measure out equal portions for the nests, flattening down the mixture into the moulds as best as you can – this can get a little sticky!
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes, turning them around half way until they are all golden
- Allow to cool on a rack for 15 minutes before adding on any toppings
- Give each nest three mini eggs
You can add in a filling of your choice too! The filling I went with for is my personal preference; Sweet Freedom’s chocolate spread, as it tastes so sweet yet it is made with natural ingredients! Or if you really fancy a treat, then go for nutella because it is just incredible – almost creates a bounty bar flavour!
Please enjoy this recipe with your friends and family this Easter, and be sure to let me know what you think – I would LOVE to see your creations.
Tag me through social media and use the hashtag #growingbutterfly
Also check out my another Easter inspired creations…
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!