These were inspired by so many wonderful creations that are all over Pinterest – I am rather addicted to discovering new and egg-citing bakes lately (see what I did there!)
Super simple and quick to make, my Coconut Easter Nests are an egg-cellent way to enjoy a delicious treat but still keeping yourself on track throughout the easter period. They are a high protein source and made with a good fat source that is coconut, with some cheeky little mini eggs because you can’t have no eggs in the nest!
Makes 14 mini nests
- 20g Coconut Flour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- coconut oil for baking tray
For the filling
- Chocolate spread
- Chocolate Mini eggs
- Pre-heat an oven to Gas Mark 3 160C
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together stirring gently until you form a sticky mixture.
- Next use the coconut oil to prepare a cupcake baking tray (or use non-stick)
- Using a tablespoon to measure out equal portions for the nests, flattening down the mixture into the moulds as best as you can – this can get a little sticky!
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes, turning them around half way until they are all golden
- Allow to cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Finally fill the nests with chocolate spread and as many mini eggs you can and fit in!
You can add in a filling of your choice too! The filling I went with for these ones was Sweet Freedom’s chocolate spread, as it tastes so sweet yet it is made with natural ingredients! Or alternatively, you can use the original hazelnut chocolate spread that so many know and love;nutella because it is just incredible – almost creates a bounty bar flavour!
Please enjoy this recipe with your friends and family this Easter, and be sure to let me know what you think – I would LOVE to see your creations.
Tag me through social media and use the hashtag #growingbutterfly
Also check out my another Easter inspired creations…
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!