We are all guilty of drooling over so many bloggers weekend waffle stacks that I wanted to finally share my very own recipe so you don’t have to envy any longer! These are an excellent way to boost yourself up in the morning for both your taste buds and your protein intake! Since discovering the waffle maker my breakfast have never been so fluffy and yet easy to make.
There are many options available when it comes the ingredients you choose but it is best to stick to the measurements provided here and switch over where you wish.
- 20g almond flour (or other flour alternatives)
- 15g protein powder*
- 1 whole egg
- 20-30ml almond milk
- pinch of baking powder
- 20g Greek Yoghurt** (additional fluffiness)
- Coconut Oil for cooking
- Start off by turning your waffle maker on – it takes around 3-5 minutes to warm up!
- Separate your egg whites from the yolk, whisking them until lightly fluffy
- Next take all your dry ingredients and add to a bowl and blend together
- Now add egg yolk first, then egg white after mixing in gently
- Finally add greek yoghurt if you are choosing to add some extra in
- Prepare your waffle maker by rubbing coconut oil over very carefully as it will now be seriously hot! I use some grease proof paper to put mine over the areas needed
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture to the waffle trays covering evenly over all of the area
- Allow to cook for around 1-2 minutes checking in every 40 seconds to see how they are doing.
- When they are golden and crispy looking, turn off the heat
- Using a plastic spatula, remove the waffles carefully and pop on a plate ready to serve.
I regularly top mine with greek yoghurt, my favourite nut butter pip and nut and wyldsson surrounded by juicy berries, but the world is your oyster! But please don’t put oysters on them..as that would just be extremely weird.
*If you would prefer to opt out of the protein powder, just replace the amount of powder needed for this recipe with the same amount of flour
**Instead of the greek yoghurt you could use pumpkin puree (which is beautiful!) or apple sauce for extra sweetness!
If you create your very own waffle stack, please let me know what you think and tag me in on social media for any posts using #ButterflyBakes as it would be lovely to see you enjoying some of my recipes!