So you want to know how to wake up to the enjoy the best pancake stack around? Then I may just have your golden ticket to satisfied cravings for something deliciously sweet! It has taken me so many attempts to perfect my own recipe for protein pancakes but I can safely say, mission accomplished.
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 40g oat flour
- 1 medium egg
- 20g Greek Yoghurt
- 10g natural sweetener (e.g.sukrin gold)
- 50ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all ingredients into a blender and then simply turn it on for around 30 seconds until the mixture is combined and now a thick creamy texture.
- Next, step up a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a little coconut oil
- Move the pan around so that it is covered in the oil before spooning on some of the mixture (judge by eye how big you want them to be!)
- Cook on each side for around 1 minute, until they are a gorgeous golden colour (or if using chocolate protein a rich shade of brown) if they need longer turn the heat down and flip constantly
- Repeat the last three steps until all them mixture is used
- Serve immediately with all the toppings you desire!
I regularly top mine with a huge serving of peanut butter and soya yoghurt, along with some fresh fruit. But chopped nuts and chocolates are another delicious combinations too!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think using the hashtag #thegrowingbutterfly on Instagram!